There are two distinct administrative bodies that govern Genesee Academy:
- The School Board – A policy making body consisting of seven (7) members, with four (4) elected and three (3) appointed by the Central Board of the Flint Islamic Center. All members are either members of Flint Islamic Center or parents of children attending GA. The principal attends board meetings as a non-voting member. Unless specifically asked by the School Board, all official communications to any school staff members is channeled through the Principal.
- The School Administration – Consists of the Principal and Vice Principal, with the Principal having the overriding authority. The school Administration is responsible for day to day operations of the school, communications with the parents and community, all HR related matters, and other administrative duties required for operations within the school.
Genesee Academy (GA) is a Pre-k through 12th grade AdvancED Accredited IB Private Islamic School. The school was established in 1995, with an enrollment of 47, and has grown many folds since then. The school complex is attached to the Flint Islamic Center, allowing the students to pray in the main masjid during the day.
GA is proud to be a home for more than 25 nationalities and ethnic backgrounds.
A massive multi-million dollar expansion project has just been completed:
- High School
- Early childhood center/day care center
- New Cafeteria
- Expanded Science Lab
- Arts & Crafts workshop
- Safe Islamic atmosphere
- Teaching staff certified in the subject that they are teaching
- Strong, Quran, Islamic Studies, and Arabic curriculum
- Secular curriculum exceeds the requirements of Michigan Department of education requirements
- Small class sizes allowing for individual attention to all students
- School complex connected to Flint Islamic Center/Mosque
- Two Gymnasiums
- Multimedia projectors & internet in all classrooms
- Science Lab
- Computer Lab
- Genesee Academy students have consistently won top awards the Flint Regional Science Fair