Since Genesee Academy is moving to online learning for this week, these are a few reminders about the GA rules and etiquettes of attending classes online:
- Teachers will be taking attendance via Gradelink during all live sessions. Attendance is mandatory. It is imperative that students arrive on time to class and come prepared to learn.
- The classroom is a sacred learning environment, and students must treat it as such. Students are not to abuse the features available to them. Moreover, students should refrain from the use of mobile phones and/or other devices during class time.
- To minimize distractions in the classroom, we ask that all students default to the mute option unless otherwise specified. However, students' cameras must be on at all times.
- Students are required to follow the top uniform expectations. For girls, this means to wear their hijab properly when joining the class.
- Teachers will grade students per usual based on assignments, quizzes/tests, and classroom participation. Teachers may use various methods to record participation.
- Parents/Students are expected to regularly check email/google classroom to remain informed of teacher expectations.
- Students and parents are encouraged to communicate with teachers if they have any questions or are facing tech issues at home.
- Parents and students are not allowed to use the provided school distance learning platform for purposes other than distance learning and without the teacher’s supervision.
- This policy is subject to changes.